Forms to manage your account
Here is how to handle common transactions related to your College Savings Iowa 529 account.
When you log on to your account, you can perform many transactions online (availability is indicated below.) You can also request forms by mail.
Open an account
Open an account with the application in this kit.
Account Information Change Form
- Change a participant name, email or mailing address or phone number.
- Add, change or remove a successor participant.
- Add, change, or remove an interested party.
Beneficiary Change Form
- Update or change beneficiary (student) information.
- Transfer all or part of the existing account balance to a new student account.
Change of Ownership Form
Transfer all or part of your account balance to a new participant.
Exchange / Future Contribution (Allocation) Form
- Exchange the existing money within an account (limited to twice per calendar year).
- Change the direction of future contributions (anytime).
Payroll Deduction Instruction Form
Add, change, or remove payroll deduction instructions from your account.
Recurring Contribution (Automatic Investment Plan) / Electronic Bank Transfer Form
- Start, change, or stop your recurring contributions (also known as an automatic investment plan, or AIP).
- Add, change or remove bank account information for periodic contributions by electronic bank transfers.
Additional Purchase Form
- Make additional purchases by check.
- Roll over assets indirectly from another 529 plan, an education savings account, or a qualified U.S. savings bond (this is when you have withdrawn funds from the previous custodian within the past 60 days).
Incoming Rollover Form
Roll over assets directly from another 529 plan or education savings account (this is when the previous custodian still holds your funds).
College Savings Iowa greeting cards
Print and complete one of our greeting cards and give it, along with a contribution check for $25 or more, to the College Savings Iowa 529 Plan participant or student to mail to the plan.
Withdrawal Request Form
- Request a full or partial withdrawal from your account.
- Close an account.
IRS Form W-9: Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification
Certify the taxpayer identification number for the participant or student.
Agent Authorization / Limited Power of Attorney
Authorize a person or an organization to discuss your accounts with a plan representative, receive information about your accounts and act on your behalf with respect to your accounts.
Power of Attorney
Grant an agent the authority to act on your accounts.
Organization Resolution Form
Identify the officers or other persons who are authorized to act upon accounts on behalf of an organization.
Authorization to Access 529 Plan Accounts
Designate an agent with limited authority to obtain information regarding your accounts.
Identify current trustees when the identity and/or number of trustees has changed or when the trustees are not identified in your account.